Friday 13 January 2017

The Devotion to the Sacred Heart Of Jesus. 12.

BY THE REV. H. NOLDIN, S.J. 
AUTHORISED TRANSLATION FROM THE GERMAN.
REVISED BY THE REV. W. H. KENT, O.S.C


The following is a remarkably beautiful and appropriate formula of prayer for a short visit to the adorable Sacrament: 

"Behold, O most loving Jesus, to what an excess Thy love has gone. Of Thine own flesh and blood Thou hast prepared for me a divine banquet in which Thou givest me Thine own self. What could have moved Thee to such an excess of love? Nothing else, surely, than Thy most loving Heart. O adorable Heart of my Jesus, furnace of divine love, receive my soul into thy sacred wound, that I may learn in that school of charity how to love my God who has given me such wonderful proof of His love." (Indulgence of 100 days once a day.)

"May the Heart of Jesus in the Most Holy Sacrament be praised, adored, and loved with
grateful affection, at every moment in all the tabernacles of the world, even to the end of time." (Indulgence of 100 days once a day. -Pius IX., Feb. 29, 1868.)